The ProxRing is a single-element extremity ring (one natural lithium borate element) using the Panasonic UD807 TLD. The TLD is usable to monitor extremity dose (hands and arms) in Beta, Gamma, and X-Ray Radiation Fields.
The two-piece plastic ring enclosure can be cold-sterilized and is available in three sizes to comfortably fit any individual. The ring’s edges are smoothed for comfort and to reduce the risk of tearing surgical gloves. It comes printed with the user’s name, wear period, account code, and the element serial number.
- Can be color coded
- Available in three sizes: Small, Medium and Large
- Can be cold-sterilized
- Will not tear surgical gloves
- Can be exchanged Monthly, Quarterly or at intervals requested by the customer
- Easy to Clean
- Easy to read, permanently-printed label
- Cost Effective
- Arrives Ready to Wear
- Surgical Procedures: The ProxRing is perfect for monitoring radiation dose to the hands during medical procedures, as it will not tear your gloves and can be cold-sterilized.
- Radioactive Machine/ System Work: The ProxRing is the best choice for protecting your workers’ hands when they have to do work in high-radiation fields or contaminated surfaces.
- Laboratories and Non-Destructive Testing: The ProxRing is the ideal system for extremity monitoring when radioactive sources must be handled.